[Fedora-ambassadors-list] I got you, babe

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:55:44 UTC 2006

Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> Now if this is already in place, it should be easy to apply to this
> list.

You know that it is very easy to sort of crib about how things are being
set up :)

The short and sweet story might be (and please note the might) that the
ListAdmin (for his/her own particular reason) did not wish to fiddle
around with the defaults on the mailman that he/she had at hand.

In my professional capacity I have to manage some mailing lists which
use the same mailman version and have the same default settings and the
only way I figured out that things could be less borked for end users is
that in the beginning remind them as to how the Reply and the
Reply-To-All worked.

If you can spare some time :

o http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
o http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

I little bit of care when using MUA does go a long way.

Regards
Sankarshan

--

You see things; and you say 'Why?';