[Fedora-ambassadors-list] I got you, babe

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 10 17:03:35 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2006, 21:37 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> >On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 20:58 +0530, Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> >
> >>However, the messages from the RedHat Mailman does not contain ANY
> >>Reply-To header AT ALL...
> >
> >The Fedora Extras mailing list has the Reply-To header, and people
> >(including me) consider it broken.
> >
> Problem with the current scenario is that there is no project wide
> policy on this.

And that's IMHO a problem. I'm used to click on "Reply" for nearly all
fedora-lists; but this is one of those few that is different. I nearly
send two mails directly to people instead of to the list due to this.

But no Reply-to munging IMHO this is the correct way. Sankarshan gave
the links to
http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml
already, I'll do it once more because it is cheap ;-)

> Either way would piss of some people who consider the
> alternative the One True Way (TM) but atleast we will be consistent
> about this.

Agreed.

/me modifies "To:" of this mail because /me accidentally clicked on
"reply" to generate this mail, too.