[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Meeting Minutes - 2006-01-12

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Jan 12 15:38:54 UTC 2006

== Present ==

 * PatrickBarnes (nman64)
 * ThomasChung (tchung)
 * ChitleshGoorah
 * JoseTarazona
 * MauricioPretto
 * MikaelJacobsson (maikaru)
 * SankarshanMukhopadhyay (sankarshan)
 * TejasDinkar (gja)
 * ThorstenLeemhuis (thl)
 * JonFautley (sasquatch)
 * RoozbehPournader (roozbeh)

=== Events ===

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents

 * LinuxAsia
  Confirmed visits from Greg and Blizzard.  Organizers will have
announcements next week.  Schwag has been requested.

 * SCALE
  Schwag has been requested.  ThomasChung will try to get an idea of
expected turnout.  We want pictures!

 * Strasbourg
  ChitleshGoorah has unofficially reserved a booth.

=== Schwag ===

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Get requests in early if you want to get the goods before your event.
We're still working on getting logistics worked out.

=== Email Aliases ===

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Emails

We have an 'ambassadors' group in the Account System.  This is the key
to aliases.  @fedora.redhat.com aliases are available.
@fedoraproject.org aliases will be created automatically for existing
account holders when they become available.

=== Donations ===

We are not yet ready to take donations for the Fedora Foundation.  The
necessary work is in progress, so this should be possible in the near
future.  We'll need to gather a reasonable amount of donations from
outside of Red Hat so that donations can be tax-deductible.  Donations
will most likely be accepted through an online process.  We don't need
Ambassadors collecting funds.

=== Presentations ===

The existing CLA effectively covers licensing for presentations,
including translations that are submitted.  We just need Ambassadors to
sign the CLA before contributing.  This is also compatible with the
licensing requirements of most shows.  We'll face exceptions if and when
we encounter them.  Under this arrangement, contributors keep
copyrights, and Fedora and Red Hat are granted FOSS-style licenses to
make certain that the contributions remain free, like the software that
Fedora provides.

=== Business Cards ===

Ambassadors can get a sign-off to use the trademark and logo to create
their own business cards.  They are encouraged to submit templates to
the list so that we can review them before the Fedora Project starts
producing them.  Simple is good.

=== IRC Cloaks ===

Official Fedora contributors are eligible to get a fedora cloak on
freenode.  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Cloaks has been
created to gather requests.  PatrickBarnes will start poking the right
man to get these created.

=== Ambassador Kits ===

Our efforts to produce cards, schwag, etc. are working towards this.
Not much else to add.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes