[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedoraproject Meeting Importance?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 17:48:13 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Nayyar Ahmed wrote:

> I seriously object this rule that a person should show some active
> performance to be in the Ambassador list and to get fedora supporting
> stuff. In my opinion any body who need fedora support material and
> other things must first submit a proposal to an authority and if that
> authority find that the proposal is good and in favor of fedoraproject
> then should grant him/her with the required things he/she need.

Nayyar,

It's a direct result of the resources available to us.

We cannot ship DVDs to everybody.  We suspect that a lot of people are
joining just to get free stuff.  In the future, we may be able to
accommodate the requests of all of these people.  As of right now, we
cannot.

So -- perhaps the rule isn't perfect.  We'll work to get you what you
need.  But our resources aren't unlimited.

--g

Greg DeKoenigsberg || Fedora Foundation || fedoraproject.org