[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fedoraproject Meeting Importance?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 18:35:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Nayyar Ahmed wrote:

> But the limited resources must be well managed, that is the reason i
> am suggesting that fedora ambassador first submit a proposal to get
> supporting stuff, if the fedoraproject authority find it good then
> they accept otherwise reject. but here we have a strange rule, i.e.
> ACTIVE MEMBER, i will request you to please describe the term Active
> Member, I mean who is Active Member, what a person should do to get
> this status?

Hm.

OK, as it happens, I think you're exactly right.

We put this restriction in place before we had a steering committee.  I
think you're quite right, that the steering committee should be in charge
of managing these requests.

So that's how we'll do it for now.  Let me put this in front of the
steering committee and we'll get back to you.

--g