[Fedora-ambassadors-list] saying hello to ya all and general feedback about attending meetings

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 11:18:30 UTC 2006

Hello!

My name is Rudolf Kastl and i am actively "advertizing" rh/fedora for
quite a while.

Since i work for a  software/consulting company i am booked by various
top 200 companys and fedora is part of my "toolchain". One backdraw
though are meetings in general. I am usually "on the road" alot where
i dont have the possibility to connect to services like irc (you cant
attend an irc session if you are sitting in a companys development and
research department at work)

So generally i wont attend many meetings (its a pity but i cant help
there) but i will still be actively working on increasing the market
share of fedora/linux as well as getting new developers involved into
the project.

One of the permanent facilities i created is the #fedora-de channel on
freenode for german users. while there are not many users there, there
are various people with clue that are able to help people that only
speak german or people that have problems describing their bug in
english. The channel is meanwhile up for a few years.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl