[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Some words from your beloved Swedish Ambassador!

David Barzilay barzilay at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 03:31:47 UTC 2006

Hi Mikael,

Some comments inline...

Em Sex, 2006-01-27 às 00:37 +0100, Mikael Jacobsson escreveu:

(snip)

> 1. This is the msot important project for me personally - I am working
> on a website that will promote fedora in Sweden, that will assist new
> and current users and more. Unfortunally there were a mayor set back 2
> weeks ago. I have chosen to use free php solutions to save time, which
> it didn't. And the script i choose from the beginning destroyed a lot of
> my work by cutting of longer articles. I have been forced to start over.
> I am happy with what i have now and work will continue.

Local websites are a great initiative, Mikael! Probably one of the best
ways to bridge the gap in between English-speakers and only-native-
language speakers.

You can also make Fedora more accessible to newbies by providing them
with easy-to-understand concepts and usage guidelines.

Remember, not everyone is as geeky (no offense here) as you.

> 2. I am active in the translation group so lot of my time will go to
> that.

That's also great! BTW, does your community have an FC4 Install Guide in
Swedish? I believe that's the one document to start fomenting FC usage
among average computer users.

> Because of sickness i haven't been able to do anything mayor yet.
> Which feels a bit disappointing...
>
> 3. I am ordering businesscards as soon as i have the money to pay for it.

Glad to hear it. I hope we are able to provide you with all support you
need. If not, please let us know.

> 4. As soon as I have a working and decent website, i plan to contact the
> mayor computer magazine in Sweden and tell them about it. They have
> writen about stuff i have done before, so it should be any problems, but
> who knows :)

Ask them if they'd like to write an article on FC5. Great opportunity to
expose the new release and also to recruit more contributors for the
various FC sub-projects ;))

> 5. I am supporting the Kadischi project, so far there have been some
> translation. Whenever Kadischi needs me I am there :)
>
> 6. I am going to start looking into the events thing. What kinds of
> events there are in Sweden, what kind of budget i need and stuff like
> that. My economy doesnt allow any travelling right now, but i hope that
> it will change soon.

As we got a very restricted budget, try to save whenever and wherever
you can i.e. finding local accommodation at friends places, low fares,
sharing booths with lugs and other open source projects...

> These are some things that i am doing, i might have missed some but its
> atleast a little contribution ;)

Keep up the great work!

Yours,
--