[Fedora-ambassadors-list] saying hello to ya all and general feedback about attending meetings

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:45:24 UTC 2006

2006/1/26, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com>:
> Rudolf Kastl wrote:
>
> >Hello!
> >
> >My name is Rudolf Kastl and i am actively "advertizing" rh/fedora for
> >quite a while.
> >
> >Since i work for a  software/consulting company i am booked by various
> >top 200 companys and fedora is part of my "toolchain". One backdraw
> >though are meetings in general. I am usually "on the road" alot where
> >i dont have the possibility to connect to services like irc (you cant
> >attend an irc session if you are sitting in a companys development and
> >research department at work)
> >
> >So generally i wont attend many meetings (its a pity but i cant help
> >there) but i will still be actively working on increasing the market
> >share of fedora/linux as well as getting new developers involved into
> >the project.
> >
> >One of the permanent facilities i created is the #fedora-de channel on
> >freenode for german users. while there are not many users there, there
> >are various people with clue that are able to help people that only
> >speak german or people that have problems describing their bug in
> >english. The channel is meanwhile up for a few years.
> >
> Welcome finally. I was expecting to see you in here long back. Even if
> you dont show up in a meetings the mins are posted in the wiki and here.
> So you would be able to take part in the discussions.
>
> --
> Rahul
>
> Fedora Bug Triaging - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers

Hello Rahul and Thomas,

I am glad i finally arrived here. i know that i have to still clean up
my wiki page. please bear with it because i also have to do some
coverage tests on bugzilla aswell for my patches and fix up the pida
spec file that is up for review ;). that will all happen this weekend
i hope. the only downside is my lack of inet con so i hope i can
compensate most of the deficits.
I will try to integrate myself into the existing community as good as possible.

regards and best wishes,
Rudolf Kastl