[Fedora-ambassadors-list] suggestions for an ambassador newbie.

Michael J Knox michael at knox.net.nz
Tue Jan 31 20:35:35 UTC 2006

Hi everyone.

I have been kind of idle, reading all the emails and taking in what
others are doing/suggesting.

I would like to ask for some advice.

I live in New Zealand, in a town called Hamilton (or the Waikato). In
general, New Zealand has very few trade shows or events that one would
normally have a stall at etc.

I do have a local LUG which I am a member of, however, I doubt they
would appreciate a Fedora talk every month (considering the huge number
of debian dev's that reside in the LUG).

So, my question is, what can someone, in a small area, with little IT
related shows/events etc do as an ambassador?

At the moment, I try to post to the LUG's mailing list when Fedora
related news is made, things like Fedora reloaded podcasts etc etc.

I am all ears and keen for suggestions.

Thanks!

Michael