[Ambassadors] Fedora Screencasting Project - once again

Pawel Sadowski mcgiwer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 20 19:15:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am sending this e-mail again, cos nobody has responde. Maybe it's
because it is a bad idea, I don't know... maybe it was lost in tons of
mails... :) Anyway, I would be very grateful if you could give me a
feedback on this :>

I have an idea for a new project in the Fedora World. It would be called
Fedora Screencasting, as in the topic :) We would prepare movies with
presentations how to do particular tasks in Fedora Core. Someting like
Red Hat's Linux is Easy. I have prepared the examplary movie, you can
get it at: http://republika.pl/mcgiwer/video.ogg. The videos would be in
the .ogg format. We could also prepare e.g. flash or .avi animations to
play directly from the website. I think it would be much helpful for new
Fedora users. We could also prepare localized versions for different
languages, I think it would not be many work and there would be people
willing to do it :)

I am waiting for your opinions. If you think it is a good idea, I will
prepare a Wiki page at http://fedoraproject.org and let's start! :)

Regards,
Pawel Sadowski