[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Just saying hi to all!

Casey Jones caseyjones at runbox.com
Wed Jun 21 03:57:28 UTC 2006

All,

This is my first time writing to the group as I just joined a few days ago.  Mr. Chung was very patient in helping me get started.  So, I want to thank him again!

I am a network administrator and systems security analyst.  My company's major clients are big government organizations.

My goal in joining the group is to gain as much information as I can to help spread the word about Fedora in particular and open source in general to the clients I work with.  My clients are rapidly adopting open source as a viable alternative to expensive closed-source platforms.  But, much ground still needs to be covered.

Also, I work on the side doing small business network installs.  Up until about 5 years ago, I only installed MS products, but now ALL I offer to work with is Fedora-based solutions.  I'm hesitant to take on a new client if they aren't willing to give Fedora a fair try.

So, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.  Thank you for allowing me to join this very exciting team.  I look forward to contributing any way I can!

Cheers!