[Ambassadors] Cd whith Fedor 5

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Thu Jun 29 05:06:22 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 20:15, "Thomas Chung" <tchung at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:
> On 6/25/06, Merlin <halaba at o2.pl> wrote:
> > I have question I won't to talk some thing about Linux and Fedora in
> > small private schooll. School Say they can burn a Cd with a fedora core 5
> > but a chidren must pey for blank cddo you thing it's a good idea to give
> > every one a Fedora 5??
>
> Merlin, let me rephrase that so we can understand you better.
>
> "I have a question. I want to talk some thing about Linux and Fedora
> in a small private school. The school (officials) say they can burn
> CDs with a Fedora Core 5 but their children (?) must pay for blank CD.
> Do you think it's a good idea to give everyone a Fedora Core 5?"
>
> You said, "Children" you mean "Students"?
> Did the school officials want money for blank CDs?
> Why can't you provide FC5 CDs or DVDs burned yourself before the
> presentation? Can you send us information on where and when exactly you're
> planning to do this presentation?
>
> As we discussed before, we now recommend all Ambassadors living
> outside of US produce Fedora Material (CDs, DVDs, T-Shirts) locally
> using local vendors to avoid high cost of international shipping.  In
> order to get the reimbursement for your event, you need to send a
> detail proposal of the event to famsco-list[1] and submit an official
> request[2] at least one month prior to the event.
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee
> [2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/GetStuff

If you wish to burn Fedora Core 5 on CD or DVD for anyone who provides blank
media, you can certainly do that.  If the school wishes to distribute Fedora
Core 5 for the cost of the media, they are welcome to do that for anyone, and
we would certainly consider that a good idea.  If they are willing to make
the same offer to the general public and not just the students, they can be
added to the Local Vendors list.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/LocalVendors

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes