[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Test Release -1 : A Fedora Live CD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 2 00:50:21 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>>yeah we can add that feature too, Rahul can you add it to
>>Kadischi/Schedule for please
>>
>>patches are welcomed from anybody either  to me or to the livecd-list.
>>

>Rahul:
>in Kadischi/Schedule
>Add some good introductory and promotional material in a desktop
>folder by default
>who will take the lead?

Anyone interested I guess.

>I suggest the marketing project should set/proposed up an appropriate
>selection of promotional material.

Add it to the ambassadors project schedule. Marketing isnt really a project.

>I wrote earlier about the F-keys
>http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Development/boot
>
>Why 5 F-keys ?
>I think since there are 5 versions of Fedora Core, why not 5 F-keys ?
>or maybe the F-5 can special.
>
>about the content of http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi/Development/boot
>I request that the contents be revised or updated, ( maybe i can
>integrate it for my next build)

I have  a few suggestions on this.

I am of the opinion that the information on Fedora should be displayed
by default without press any function keys. RFE against Anaconda
shouldnt affect the live cd. The content is the information about the
project as available in the Fedora dictionary at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDict. A laundry list of projects in
any introduction isnt very useful. The information on Kadischi could
provide a link to the fedora-live cd project page. Unsure of what the
live cd option does. If it enables experimental features explain what
those features are and call the option "experimental" instead.  Test
option can be renamed into debug since it is more specific and pretty
much everyone who uses a live cd is testing Fedora anyway.

--
Rahul