[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FC5 media schwag

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 10:24:47 UTC 2006

Thomas Canniot wrote:
  > Some of us think that a double layered DVD is more appropriate. Some of
> us think that adouble sided is more approrpiate. What about labelling?
 >
> My point of view : I think that we should ask for a double layered DVD,
> for the label to be printed largely and then be visible. This would
> bring clarity to our media.

+1

I really, really hate double-sided DVDs. They're difficult to use
(inconsistent labeling, which side is source, which is binary?), and
they're difficult to identify.

Red Hat ships a double-sided DVD with their media kits, and I regularly
lose them (they're hard to identify at a glance) or break them (I don't
usually keep them in a case - lazyness on my part, I know).

I also don't accept DVDs from vendors when they're double-sided because
of the above.

My 2% of your local currency.

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
  Technical Account Manager            office: +44 1483 300169