[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Requesting DVDs

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 16:04:36 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Clair <fedora at freehold.no-ip.info> wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > > Well then, its a shame that you didn't request for it.
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FreeMedia
> >
> > Or, indeed, download it ;)

Terribly insensitive remark.

When 56kbps dialup is a luxury, how can you expect people to download 5
GB of ISOs? I think it is fair for him to ask for one DVD/CD set for
personal use.

I one ran a yum install on a box with 36.6 dialup (around FC2 times). It
took 4 hours just to get the yum headers. Connections are not available
everywhere, and often, these are the places which need FC5 the most

FreeMedia does not distribute to Ambassadors, (something which probably
will change later, at least hopefully)

> You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were;
> and I say "Why not?"
>  -- Geroge Bernard Shaw

Isn't that the signature of "The Sankarshan"?