[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Question about the Ambassadors programs

Rodrigo Menezes rodrigomenezes12 at yahoo.com.br
Mon May 22 13:04:00 UTC 2006

Andre Nogueira escreveu:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a new Portuguese Fedora Ambassador, but unfortunately I haven't
> had time to do anything related either to Fedora or the Ambassadors
> program and I've never actually become actively involved since I
> joined.
>
> I'm a university student, and since it's almost end of the semester,
> ever since I applied to become an Ambassador I haven't had time to
> devote to anything else but university.
>
> My first goal to spread the word about Fedora is to start a Fedora
> Tips blog  - a blog where I'd talk about my experience with Fedora, as
> well as some tricks and trips.
>
> My second goal would be to help translating the documentation to
> Portuguese.
>
> And, of course, I'd be available to give a hand in any event taking
> place in Portugal - or even giving any possible help over the internet
> for events abroad.
>
> However, I'll only have some free time in about three or four weeks.
> So my question is...
>
> What should I do? Is it Ok if I remain pretty much inactive until
> then, or should I stop being an ambassador and apply again when I have
> some free time to devote to the program?
>
> Thanks in advance, and sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this...
>
> Andre Nogueira

Andre,

In Brazil we created a local site (www.projetofedora.org) and we are
joining events with booths and lectures. In the site, we created a FC
DVD request, this way an user can request a DVD and we ship through mail.

We are recruting people to join other projects like core translation,
docs, extras, Fedora Education and others.

If you want to discuss about our ideas, fell free to contact me. We can
talk in portuguese :).

Cheers,
--
Rodrigo de Oliveira Menezes