[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FAMSCo election?

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue May 23 06:46:47 UTC 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 23:07, Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  c. Number of Seats Opened for Each Election
>
> If we swap half the people each term, that leaves the question of who
> gets re-elected this term.

The members of the steering committee can probably discuss this and come to an
agreement.  If nothing else, it can be put to a random selection.

> >  d. Nomination Process
>
> I think a nomination on the list, as well as a seconding of the same on
> the list seems nice. I don't know how FESCo does it.

A very basic nomination process like this is probably all we need right now.
FESCo is using a wiki page to track nominations and has an open process.

> >  e. Nominee Eligibility
>
> New guys who run aren't really going to get voted in anyway...

We've already seen cases where a single person manages to grab a great deal of
attention very quickly.  They get a great deal of confidence within the
community, but suddenly drop away and are rarely seen again.  Setting a
required membership time can help to avoid this kind of situation.

> >  f. Voter Scope
>
> Everyone on this page can vote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryAmbassadorsALL

Unfortunately, many people in that list have not yet completed the CLA
process.  Those people will not be able to vote until they have completed the
CLA and joined the 'ambassadors' group in the Account System.

Eventually, people who have not completed the CLA will be removed from the
Ambassadors program entirely.  It is a mandatory requirement.

> >  h. Whether or Not Multiple Votes Can Be Entered by One Voter for One
> > Nominee
>
> Absolutely NOT. This is the easiest way to ensure an absolute lamer gets
> on the board. He'll get nominated, and get three dummy account on the
> list, each of whom give him 7 votes...

It would be difficult to create and use those dummy accounts, and it is
something we can easily make more difficult.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/