[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Report: LUGS April Meeting

Eugene Teo eteo at redhat.com
Wed May 3 12:28:43 UTC 2006

Report;

I gave a talk on "All about Fedora Core 5" last saturday, and it went
well. I did a short preview on SystemTap to illustrate it's kernel
instrumentation capabilities. I also gave away Fedora Handouts.

There were about 8-10 attendees, out of which 2 are already Fedora
users. Some questions (not in actual words though) asked were:

1) Is yum still as slow, as compared to apt-get?
2) How does beagle work internally?
3) What do you need to install, in order to run Xen?
4) Where can I get the kernel source rpm?
5) Does suspend and hibernation really work in FC5?
6) How does SystemTap work internally? How does the scripts look like?

Some feedbacks I got were (not in actual words of course):

1) Fedora should include mp3 support, otherwise new users will not be
able to play their favourite music. Some form of documentation on how
to setup mp3 support would be great. It should be easily accessible to
new users as well.

You can download my slides at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=EugeneTeo.Fedora.LUGS.Apr.06.odp

Thanks!

Eugene
--
eteo redhat.com  ph: +65 6490 4142  http://www.kernel.org/~eugeneteo
gpg fingerprint:  47B9 90F6 AE4A 9C51 37E0  D6E1 EA84 C6A2 58DF 8823