[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FAMSCo election?

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 22 20:30:06 UTC 2006

On 5/22/06, Theodoros Synodinos <syn_ted at otenet.gr> wrote:
> Ok.... The following are only my opinions i hope that will help to the
> election system.
>
> First of all it is a good idea to make a web voting system that a voter
> can place 5 votes to the person(s) he/she likes ANONYMOUSLY. login vote
> and logout.

This might be a burden as one should be in charge to set up the mechanism.

For this, I have 2 ideas:
idea one:
Once the poll start on a mailing list thread (preferably, ambassadors
list), anyone post their wished candidate's name. Knowing the fact,
that from now on everyone can subscribed to the ambassadors list One
week before the polls start, we close the ambassadors mailing list
subscribtion.

idea two:
ambassadors will write their wished candidate's name on a wiki page.
no one can delete from a wiki page without notice :)

> The voting should last for 24 hours as people are not on the same
> timezone and don't want to put them into trouble waiting to vote.

Correct :)

> We have to see who will have the access to vote and why. It is a very
> serious issue.

True :) Ambassadors with at least one month since subscribed ?

> The elections should take place once a year. When a problem with the
> elected person(s) arise there will be a chance if the FAMSCo wants to
> make reelections in a specified time. And only if the problem is serious
> enough.

ok :)

Chitlesh
--