[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FAMSCo election?

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Tue May 23 04:07:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 22:26 -0500, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
> After reviewing the other posts in this thread so far, here's my basic view of
> what has been said so far:
>
> 1. The Voting System

Minor Details... We don't exactly need explosion - proof ballot boxes.

> 2. Election Committees

Well, I think that it will be equally effective whether we have one or
not. In any case it WILL be the ambassadors who write the guidelines,
etc...

> 3. Remaining Questions
>  a. Frequency of Elections

I think 6 months is cool

>  b. Total Number of Seats

I see 122 ambassadors. One FAMSCo Member for every 20 leads to 6
Steering Committee Members. And one for good luck ;)... SO that is 7
members.

>  c. Number of Seats Opened for Each Election

If we swap half the people each term, that leaves the question of who
gets re-elected this term.

>  d. Nomination Process

I think a nomination on the list, as well as a seconding of the same on
the list seems nice. I don't know how FESCo does it.

>  e. Nominee Eligibility

New guys who run aren't really going to get voted in anyway...

>  f. Voter Scope

Everyone on this page can vote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryAmbassadorsALL

>  g. Number of Votes for Each Voter in Each Election

Why is this an issue? If there are n seats, give everyone n votes

>  h. Whether or Not Multiple Votes Can Be Entered by One Voter for One Nominee

Absolutely NOT. This is the easiest way to ensure an absolute lamer gets
on the board. He'll get nominated, and get three dummy account on the
list, each of whom give him 7 votes...

>  i. Number of Terms

Completely against this idea. This will just ensure that guys who are
great (and keep getting elected), get chucked off the board.

Gja

-- End OF File, Feel Free to keep reading the original message Below --