[Ambassadors] Sharing Experiences with you !

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 1 21:37:33 UTC 2006

Armel Kermorvant wrote:
> Good Morning  Ambassadors,
>
> We are glad to share with you all the experiences we had during the
> French Install Parties that hapened this month.
>
> - Lille (2006 oct 21st):
>
>     - We were 4 Ambassadors in Lille.
>     - Lots of people liked the 3d effect, this is a major point to
> promote in Fedora.
>     - During the day, we had a lot of discussion with the Fedora Users
> and we had positive feedbacks about Fedora product and communauty.
>     - One installation, but lot of questions arround Fedora.
>     - On the MrTom's Blog, some pictures are available
>
> http://mrtomlinux.org/index.php?gallery/campux/install-party-fedora#gallery

Link doesnt show pics.

> - Paris (2006 oct 28th):
>
>     - We were 10 Ambassadors in Paris.
>     - It was the 1st real adventure for some Fedora Ambassadors.

Face to face meetings are always more fun. Good to know that you guys
managed to do this.

>     - We prepared some presentions :
>           - Fedora Project : MrTom
>           - 3D Desktop Effect : [splinux]
>           - Fedora Support : trashy
>           - Open Source vs Non Open Source softwares : Armelk

Can you attach these presentations to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations? If you did any FC6 fliers,
English versions of those would be nice too.

> The keys elements for the presentation and Fedora promotion are :
>      - 3D Desktop Effects (All Fedora users and all people like it).

Yep. Desktop effects and good look and feel are a major attraction for
new users. How easy was this to enable for various different cards?

>      - Fedora Project and Fedora Community, lot of people need a clear
> picture about Fedora and RedHat, the Ambassadors clarify this point.

Can you tell us more about the questions asked? Thanks for the report.

Rahul