[Ambassadors] spanish speaking email list ?

David Barzilay david at projetofedora.org
Wed Oct 25 14:11:05 UTC 2006

> Guillermo Gómez S. wrote:
> >
> > I believe we have now enough spanish (around 6 to 10 people)
speaking people here to pursue a dedicated mail list to gain more
eficiency on our work.

> > ¿ Who's in charge to set that up ?
>
> You would do better to setup regular Ambassador meetings and establish
a active community first. If you have enough active participation
regularly for a couple of months, we can setup a mailing list.

> Rahul

Excuse me Rahul, but I disagree with you.

Once these members decided getting together, a native-language list
becomes necessary to exchange ideas, energy and enhance motivation, as
these exchanges don't have the same outcome through one's second language.

Weekly or fortnightly meetings aren't enough to create the necessary
collective atmosphere and motivation for people to work together. The
interactions need higher frequency to naturally build communal views and
leaders.

I am suggesting the Ambassadors from Latin American countries to get
organized and progress using the same "community-building-formula" that
succeeded in Brazil, which roughly is:

1) Get together people interested in promoting the FC distro and ask
them to follow the steps in:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService (if they are
willing to contribute in other ways, they can join other Fedora
sub-projects) - DONE

2) Create a specific list for your new group, i.e.
fedora-mktg-amcentral at fedoraproject.org - I HOPE IT GETS DONE ASAP

3) Next, once their group agrees on common goals and wish to work
together, create a website to centralize their efforts and local
sub-projects

4) Participate in open source events taking the "Fedora flag". You can
also organize "InstallFests" and install FC in students and teachers
computers...

Additional info at: http://www.projetofedora.org/ and
http://www.projetofedora.org/Projetos

Thanks for listening and I hope everyone can get something positive out
of these.

Best,
--
David Barzilay
Marketing and Community Relations Manager