[Ambassadors] Requests to Ambassadors and FAMSco was Re: Regarding Distributing FC6 DVD's

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 26 18:32:13 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Thomas Chung < hidden > wrote:
> Please note we have *limited* resources and we will not able to
> fulfill every requests.
> We review and discuss requests and assign resources to best we can.
> You should also use reimbursement process[1] if you're short on time.
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Reimbursement
> Regards,

Well, being part of the fedora ambassadors team for a long time, and
Ill certainly continue to contribute to the project, I have some
requests for famsco and other ambassadors:

(Im not writing this to flame war what so ever, which is not my intention)

It would be nice if:

A. approved shipment for goods(dvds/schwags) be shipped. And If for
some reason, we (fedoraproject) can't ship then:
  1. inform the appropriate ambassador and tell him/the list the reason
  2. help/reply to another ambassador who is trying to provide
support/assistance
Then, the ambassador(s) won't be embarrassed on the ground, like simon said.

B. give appropriate gifts to ambassadors who are awarded. I don't mean
expensive here, but at least things "a special fedora t-shirt", " a
fedora pin",.. which the fedora ambassador can wear on the booth. The
first ambassador award, the coffee mug is indeed a great gift.

C. goodies requests have been rejected, the appropriate ambassador
should be notified.

some requests for ambassadors:

D. ambassadors from time to time pop in ambassador's meeting. I know
not everyone have time to be present for ALL the meetings. there are
more than 130 ambassadors, the last meeting I attended, there was
scarcely more than 10 ambassadors. This is a request to all
ambassadors to at least do their maximum to attend and participate. We
all want to hear from you and what you can provide to the fedora
project.

E: Fedora Ambassador is a community based project, and it was designed
to be like this a community based project. Fedora Core 6 was released
a few days ago, I'll invite every ambassadors even those from famsco
to have a small presentation on your respective lug meeting.
See we have lots of presentations in odp/pdf here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Presentations
And also do tell us how it was.

F: Bring feedback to the team from the ground. And fortify your local
fedora ambassador's team. Some good examples: France/Belgium, Brazil
and India. Germany got some wonderful ambassadors, those you can count
on. And there are lots among us.

that's it what I have in mind for now :p

chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com