[Ambassadors] Re: [Fedora-freemedia-list] Fwd: LiveCD & Media Distribution

Karlie Robinson karlie.robinson at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 8 14:34:06 UTC 2006

Pawel Sadowski wrote:
> On 08-09-2006, fri at 10:20 -0700, Thomas Chung wrote:
>
>>On 9/8/06, Karlie Robinson <karlie.robinson at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Paying forward is a slow process, but the return is greater.
>>
>>+1
>>
>>That sums it up about our Fedora Free Media Program. :)
>>Remember giving is better than receiving!
>>
>>Join me giving "Gift of Fedora"[1]
>>[1] http://www.redhat.com/fedora/
>

> Hmm, after rethinking, the Fedora Free Media can be a really better
> solution -- we can give a gift to someone and receive much more than if
> it would be fulfilled by some other company. Satisfaction, greetings and
> new aqcuaintance -- this is something that would be impossible in case
> of different fulfill ways.
>
> +1 :)
>
> Regards,
> Pawel

Free and Sponsored Media works - infact it's working better all the
time.  We're able to fill more and more requests every month.  We're
bringing on on more Vendors willing to offer their services to help keep
fulfilment up.

If that's not successful, I'm not sure what is.

The great thing about Open Source is the way people share ideas across
multiple communities.  But with all the distros I work with the only
thing that I ever hear about Ubuntu is that they've got lots of users
and that they are well funded.

I never hear about ground breaking packages that will vault OSS, as a
whole, forward.

That sort of stuff is coming out of Fedora.

So let's not worry about keeping up with the neighbors and focus on what
we're doing well.