[Ambassadors] Introduction

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 29 06:49:49 UTC 2006

Luke Satin wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm new here too, so let me introduce myself:
> I'm a 19 years old software developer based Ostrava, Czech Republic.

Welcome.

This one is listed in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommunityWebsites.

> Besides that, I'm also project manager and lead developer of opensource
> PHP5.1 WEB 2.0 framework http://sourceforge.net/projects/elitecore

Doesnt seem to be in Fedora. Might submit it in Fedora Extras. Refer to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras for detailed guidelines on this.

> I have many ideas about Fedora and how to improve desktop, should I post
> it here too or somewhere to dev-mailing list?

If there are straight forward enhancement requests, file them against
the appropriate components in http://bugzilla.redhat.com. If they are
general developer ideas that require more discussion, post to
fedora-devel list.

> I use GNOME, but users probably likes KDE more, because it's easier to
> use. You can change everything in the Control Center and there's more
> eye-candy effects than in GNOME, you can also customize toolbars more in
> KDE.

We offer these and many more. So users have a choice.

> Fedora 5 has the biggest number of bugs, I've seen in Fedora. After the
> first boot, I had to disable HWCursor in xorg.conf, disable ACPI to not
> have any IRQ conflicts on NVIDIA based board (n-force chipset with
> net,sound and video) - It wasn't hard, but it took a week or so and I
> think that ordinary users doesn't even know what 'console' or 'terminal'
> means.

Thats quite contrary to the usual feedback we have seen. For example,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-June/msg00006.html.

I myself have been using Fedora Core 5 for all my work exclusively.
(Typing this in a FC5 system) and the release in my personal experience
has been the best so far. Do others here have widely different ideas
about this release?

Unfortunate that you have been running into bugs. Have you filed them in
http://bugzilla.redhat.com?

Rahul