[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 1 20:39:52 UTC 2007

On 4/1/07, mak wrote:
>  The de-facto in this part of the world (Bangladesh) Internet
> density/affordability/stability to be synchronised with you. So, please
> consider member's (or ambassador's) presence in M-L / irc meetings
> (moreover, timezone issue).
>
> I'm working towards popularization of Fedora in the real world (free support
> over the phone included), just don't get the time to update in the M-L.

Hello,
I understand you, mak. Considering the number of attendees during the
meeting, perhaps you can propose a time that suits you.

Since the meeting alternates from 14:00 utc to 22:00 utc each week,
perhaps one of the time can be altered to satisfy another attendee. Of
course this doesn't apply only to Mak, but to everyone, even those who
recently join the fedora ambassador project.

I like Francesco's proposal of housekeeping.
Here are my comments
- We should remove the distinction between RH employees and the
community. Afterall the merge of core and extras unites RH employees
and community.
- Before setting one's status as inactive, I would suggest informing
the ML at least 2 weeks in advance. Thus giving time for the
ambassador to justify and at the same time anyone can justify the
activity of the ambassador in question.

Francesco, you should fix a deadline for discussions to ensure that
your proposal will still be alive after some weeks.

regards,
Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com