[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 5 09:39:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 11:10 +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> You used the words Coordinations and Communication: how you can do this
> if you have people that don't follow the project ?
>
> We have to shake inactive people with new rules. I know it seems a bad
> thing, and in a certain view I agree, but it's the only way. Personally
> I'm hurt to see people that are doing nothing, because they don't
> respect people who work, and in this project we have a lot of people
> that every day talk with people and promote Fedora.
>
> If we want to close our eyes, ok, but it's not the better system. We
> have to give a new chance to Ambassadors Project to improve itself.
>
> Yes, i agree when you say that we have to enlarge our community, what we
> are doing is to make this possible, improving the quality of our project
> and make possible to manage, as better as we can, this one.
>
> Personally i prefer 100 people that work than 400 that do nothing.

You still do not answer the question. If today we have 500 ambassadors.
100 of them work actively. And to make _you_ happy they even report what
they are doing.

Why (and how) does removing the 400 inactive[1] ambassadors improve the
Ambassador Project?

Cheers,
Matthias
[1] By regular reporting you can only decide whether a person is active
but in my opinion you cannot conclude that a person is inactive. Because
the main job of an Ambassador is not to report but to spread the word.
--
Matthias Kranz
http://mkr.oerks.de