[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors+task+some idea

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 12:19:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Brian Pepple wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:21 +0200, Damien Durand wrote:
>> Morning all,
>>
>> An idea for solving this problem is to etablish a contract, this
>> contract must be renewed every years by all ambassadors,  if it is not
>> the case, the ambassador will be considered inactive.
>
> Ugh, sounds like more red-tape to keep people from joining.  What damage
> is being done by having inactive people?

Yep.

Pardon me for shouting, but I feel like I'm not being heard.

MORE RED TAPE IS BAD.

MORE BARRIERS TO PARTICIPATION ARE BAD.

I see the importance of recognizing our best ambassadors.  Let's focus on
that.  *Please* don't create bureaucracy and "contracts" and such where no
need for them exists.  Please?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg