R: [Ambassadors] Introduce myself

Giuseppe Pignataro gpex at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 20 16:29:48 UTC 2007

Welcome aboard. :)

Giuseppe Pignataro

http://www.giuseppepignataro.net

Fedora Core Ambassador for Italy

A KDE italian translator

Socio TAU Visual

Member of ILS

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: fedora-ambassadors-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-ambassadors-list-bounces at redhat.com] Per conto di Sebastian
Vahl
Inviato: giovedì 19 aprile 2007 23.47
A: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com
Oggetto: [Ambassadors] Introduce myself

Hi.

I'm Sebastian Vahl from Hannover, Germany. I'm 26 years old and studying
Politics, History and Sociology at local university. Inside the Fedora
Project I'm in KDE-SIG and responsible for the kde livecd spin. And I've
also a few packages in Fedora Extras. [1] Outside the project I'm a
moderator in a german webforum (fedoraforum.de), responsible for a german
wiki (fedorawiki.de) and a german newsside for fedora (fedorausers.de).
The last point is exactly, why I'm joining as an ambassador. In the last
days I've had extensive conversation with Gerold Kassube about integrating
local forums more into the community (here esp. fedoraforum.de). That's
maybe also a point that was discussed in a ambassadors meeting last year
[2]. But I'll explain that point respectively start this discussion later
this week.
Besides this my time is quite limited and so I don't know what to do else
(concerning the open discussion about active/inactive ambassadors ;) ). But
maybe, when I'm getting more familiar, activity will grow. :) And also: I've
been planing to come to LinuxTag. So maybe I could help there in some
points.

In this mail I just want to say: Hi all!

Sebastian

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SebastianVahl
[2] http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~chit/FAD/FAD.odp