[Ambassadors] Activities in Argentina since January

Pablo Barrera pablo at proyectofedora.com.ar
Fri Apr 27 04:56:56 UTC 2007

Hi Ambassadors!
Heres the news from the last four months

As Leader of the CoreTeam of Proyecto Fedora Argentina, the activities day
by day are pretty hard. Dedicated almost 4 hours per day to talk to
Universities (the main target of the local project) creating contents for
the websites, strategic agreements with non profit organizations and
thigns like that, takes our work to the limit. But this limit is the
deepest sensation of "make the difference" .

Since January, when I start the project in Buenos Aires, Julian Somodi (
Director of Red Hat Southamerica) , spents hours with me talking about the
need to spread and "recreate" the Open Source community in Argentina. So,
thats the point, spread the knowledge with the Fedora weapons, means more
than spread Linux. Means transfer the knowledge for everyone. This is the
hire point of success of Fedora in Argentina.

Our Activities in Time Line
December 26th 2006
Red Hat SouthAmerica Offices. The plan was ready. Our main target will be
Universities, project starts January 8th.
JAN
-Proyecto Fedora Argentina Web site was ready. Later this was transfered
to a .com.ar domain for security reasons. A respin version of Joomla and
47 hours of pacthing was necessary to put the site on line.
-Starting the Universities trip. UADE and UAI confirmed meetings for
Frebruary.
FEB
UADE and UAI accepted to collaborate with Fedora in Argentina. Confirming
Fedora Showcase for May, 2007
The Induction Manual #| (A pressed magazine with 32 pages) was designed.
Santiago Silva from Red Hat developes my writings and modification of the
official installation manual.
The Argentinian DVD Edition was confirmed for FLISOL 2007.
MAR
I signed a " frame contract" with UAI, to start the FEdora local project
inside UAI since June. All the stuff are in preparation for late May.
Alejandro Casas (IBM/LUGUM) accept to spread Fedora Argentina in and
public University: UNMM. We start to work on line, to get some sponsors
and resources to make possible the presentation of Fedora Argentina in
FLISOL. Thanx to Alejandro for Support.
Lucas Coudures Joins the Team. Member of LUGUM (Linux Users Group
Universidad de la Matanza). Lucas become the leader webmaster of the
project. He is manager of the local mailing list, too.
LUGUM team visits Fedora and Red Hat team to spread Fedora and Red Hat
Activities in University of La Matanza.(The Lug University)
Nicolas, as a new ambassador, starts some talkings at OLPC meetings in
Buenos Aires.
APR
Lucas Coudures starts this own ambassador road. Good luck! (a lot of work
is coming!)
I traveled to Porto Alegre (Brazil) to FISL 8 2007, to give a little
speech about Proyecto Fedora Argentina in a 250 people audiences. David
Barzilay from Red Hat Brazil and Fedora Brazil Leader, help me all the
time in the Event.
Kim from Red Hat Magazine: Interview around Fedora Project and Open Source
concepts for Red hat Magazine (Thanx Kim and The Cam Man!)
Today Friday I will go to La Plata ( The capital of the Province of Buenos
Aires) to make the first presentation of Fedora Argentina. Nicolas will
talk in radio in the morning. And looking for DVDs sent by Thomas and some
created by us with Argentinian Artwork made by Nicholas.
Tomorrow, Sat 28th, The second presentation of Fedora Argentina.
At 12.00PM my speech about the project, and at 15hs the installation by
Nicolas Corrarelo.
At 3PM I will give a third talk about Fedora Argentina, in another FLISOL
city at 48kms. (so, what a day!)
MAY (to come)
May 4th UADE FEDORA SHOWCASE.
May 25th (to confirm) UAI FEDORA SHOWCASE

So the next for June
Neuquen (North Patagonia)
Esteban Echeverria (Buenos Aires prov.)
UBA (univesity buenos aires) Fedora will be part of the Diseño Libre
project speech by Julia Velasco (Institutional Relationships of Fedora
Argentina, and Head Leader of DiseñoLibre.org)

So two new universities to confirm....

So thats we are doing all this time.

A lot, and a lot is coming!

--