[Ambassadors] Fedora French Ambassadors Weekly Minutes [2007-04-01]

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 4 18:16:02 UTC 2007

Armelk wrote:
> We put in place on the Wiki section a page about platforms manufacturers,
> Desktops and Notebooks systems (Acer, Asus, Dell, Nec...) as well as the
> components hardware (mother charts, video charts, wifi...), you find it at
> this adress : http://doc.fedora-fr.org/Compatibilit%C3%A9_Mat%C3%A9rielle
> The idea to have a form so that the users of Fedora can put their hardware
> compoments of the configuration at it in order to have a base of data for
> compatibility.

I would suggest not trying to work on a wiki to collect this data
especially on a regional website. This is extremely hard to maintain
manually. We have two related projects to do it in a more automated fashion.

Smolt which collects just hardware information
LHCP which aims to provide compatibility information.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/smolt
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/LHCP

It would much more efficient to work with LHCP and help them out in
packaging etc.

> Trashy works on new Extras packets submission.

Since you have a relatively community working on packaging it would be
useful to have a regular mentoring session where you can invite
enthusiastic people and introduce them to packaging and related
processes in Fedora.

> Armelk and Trashy will start to work on a presentation of Fedora 7 before
> the release so that we are ready for the next events around Fedora 7.

Can you make sure this is translated into English too?

> 6) FreeMedia Program
>
> No new request for Belgium and no new request for France.

We haven't been advertising the presence of Free media much since the
number of requests we can serve is low. How many requests can we be
fulfilling every month in these regions?

Rahul