[Ambassadors] Introduction

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 05:31:21 UTC 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 5:37 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Figured that as a new Ambassador, I'd just drop a quick note to the
> list to introduce myself.
>
> I'm a 28 year old systems architect from Jersey City, NJ.  Mostly
> during my work life I work with very high-end production systems, all
> running RHEL.  At home, I use Fedora for my desktop, and try to
> advocate other people to do it.  I'm an RHCE [1] who's actively
> working on RHCA.

Welcome to the Fedora Ambassador from another East Coaster.

> I attend at least two events every months (NYLUG [2] and the New York
> Linux Meetup [3]).  There are others that I would get involved with as
> I get time and am informed of them.  At these events, I try to
> advocate Fedora to the extent that I can.  I may attempt to put
> together a Fedora talk for NYLUG, however, I'm not all that sure of
> what they want to hear about (probably new features in F8/9, etc).
> Let me know if there is other advocacy that I can do within the NYC
> area.

IMHO, the contributions made by Fedorans to upstream projects are
often overlooked. You can inform a Linux-savvy group like a LUG on
howFedora is a great community distro in its own right and how it
helps to improve every distro by upstream contributions.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Fedora Ambassador