[Ambassadors] Second Life presence

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 5 22:08:50 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Moshe Roffe wrote:
> The basic idea behind putting Fedora on the Second Life map,
> is to put us on a high-profile, web 2.0 phenomena.

I just love when people think what is best for fedora :)

> the basic proposition is for someone that have the spare time, and willing
> to put some kind of an establishment (an island) at second life. a wiki
> (good idea) at fedoraproject.org will give info, the place will have
> information about Fedora a combination of the Major site, announce list, DVD
> selling (people will pay linden dollars and will get Fedora DVD delivered to
> their door), a chat place, a bugzilla stand for fresh bugs (or known
> issues), GPG keys replacements, and as many as one be creative enough to be.
>
> of course,  this guy will be an official ambassador for second life sphere.
>
> i don't have the hardware for this, so this call is for anyone who can do
> this and have the hardware juice for it.
>
> Happy to be at your service,

Try to ask on other mailing lists/forums. With luck we can find
someone (a fedora user at least) to push it.

Definitely, this idea needs a leader, if not there won't be any long
term progress. I think Moshe, you should lead this little project and
report back your progress on this mailing list or during meetings.
Having you as a leader, we will still have the control on the way one
spread the fedora's word in such a way not to tarnish the whole
project.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com