[Ambassadors] Issue about multimedia codes while migrating a music school to half Fedora, half Suse.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:24:20 UTC 2007

> Movieformat: MPEG and likewise formats ??
> DVD-format: 1) how to rip dvd's ?  2) how to watch the ripped VOB-files on
> hard disk, 'cause they 're standard not supported.
>
> Soundformat: WMA and likewise formats ??
> Can someone help me?

Xine plays them all..
http://www.xinehq.de/index.php/faq

"Possibly the most convenient way to get the Real codecs(and wmv ...)
is to download them from the MPlayer website
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html . The package is called
"essential"."
Extract to /usr/lib/codec and change the settings of xine to point there,,,
Thats all..
And yes I have tested vob,mpeg,WMA right before testing....

--
ssh
0x86DD170A