[Ambassadors] Merging of Ambassadors and Marketing lists

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Feb 20 04:12:48 UTC 2007

After collecting the results of our poll on the Ambassadors and Marketing
lists, FAmSCo met today and discussed the issue of whether or not to merge
the two mailing lists into one.

We reviewed the results of the poll and carefully considered the arguments we
heard on each side.  While the poll showed that a slight majority were in
favor of the merger, we covered several points that made us feel that the
merger is not the right thing to do at this time.  We agreed unanimously that
the lists should remain separate.  We hope that this decision is understood
by all of you and will be happy to answer any remaining questions on the
matter.

Since we will not be merging the two lists, we will be taking other measures
to make the purposes of each list perfectly clear.  The Marketing list will
continue as a forum for strategic discussion.  It will host discussions over
our global marketing strategy and marketing content.  The Ambassadors list
will continue to host discussions of events and grass-roots efforts to spread
Fedora on the ground worldwide.  The differences will be documented on our
websites, and we will guide members of each list in deciding how their
messages should be directed.

We hope that you will all work with us as we try to guide the usage of each
list to make the best possible use of these resources.  Thank you all for
your input.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com