[Ambassadors] FODEM Issue

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 22 18:35:14 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, Frederic Hornain wrote:
> To summarize :
>
> The Fosdem Pre-event start this Friday at 17:30 at "Le roy d'Espagne" -
> http://www.roydespagne.be/en/en_history.html -.
> We should have a Fedora pre-event - ? -
> We should have a Centos pre-event - This Friday 14:00 to 20:00 -
> We should have a Fedora pre-event - ? -

Hello
Well, I would not say that.

> First of all, if I was you I will not to be worried after the bar location.
> A lot of bar exists in Brussels.

I hope it is not like in Strasbourg where the number of people has an
influence on whether we can enter the bar or not.

> Why do we not meet each other at the roy d'Espagne FIRST from 17:00 to
> 21:00?
>
> Like this we have got a central starting meeting point and no one can make
> mistake to the place where he have to go to begin our events.
>
> I think it a good place to start, do I ?

Well, some of us, will already be there as from 14h00. I wish we could
start on working at 14h00 and take the advantage that afterall we are
meeting in real life and push constructive ideas forward. Luckily that
we will not have only from 14h00 to 17h00. but also Saturday morning
and evening as well. Those who can't be there at 14h00, don't worry.
Contact your favourite fedora man/woman, leave your phone number or
take note of their phone number so that you can catch up anywhere we
will be. :)

The central starting meeting point at (14h00 to 14h30), I'll propose
will be *in front of* roy d'Espagne. After that we will decide with
bar to have a chat in. Possibly,  roy d'Espagne will be closed at that
time, but I'm not sure.

> Then, we can have a meeting with CENTOS people and Suse people in another
> place later in the night and somewhere else.

At about 17h00 we can hear to Centos social event. Don't forget that
we can still talk among us there. And at about 2000 we head with
centos perhaps to Fosdem Social Event.

> PS: You know it is the first time that a lot Fedora people come to Fosdem so
> everything can not be perfect.
>
> I am pretty sure that we will do better organization next year.

If we can improve now, why wait for next year ?   :)

> In addition, I suggest to communicate via mailing list and not directly.
> Like this we do not forget someone.

true

Perhaps in tonight's meeting we can discuss in depth about how to
proceed. and finally after tonight's meeting one of us will post the
schedule for tomorrow on the wiki or mailing list or both.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com