[Ambassadors] Event Report (Horizon07 & Mukti07)

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 16:41:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

Horizon07 was a great success as it fullfilled almost all the dreams behind
it. Rahul's talk changed most of the minds there and the Fedora Demo on all
the three days also went cool. Now few of the teachers came to us to learn
Linux :)
Oh!, forgot to tell you that most of the engineering colleges at West Bengal
are running Linux labs in Fedora only :D
We also have a very good news that few of the Cyber Cafes at Durgapur shifted
to Fedora due to the recent M$ raid in West Bengal, and now they are saying
that they will not go back to windows :) Though they have some minor problems
like printer setup, file transfer etc.

But Mukti07 really disappointed me. After I reached Durgapur, I called Mukti's
organizers, and they said they will contact me. But no news from them after
that. At first they asked me to do talks & demos on 15th (last day of
Horizon), so I asked them to give me any time in between 16-18, I also
informed that we can do demo on all the three days morning session. But no
reply :(  I never thought that event as any community event and they kept
their reputation.

Regards,
Kushal

--