[Ambassadors] Max's Blog Post re: Ambassadors Discussion

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Tue Feb 27 03:39:31 UTC 2007

Gerold Kassube wrote:
> We (European Ambassadors) asked lot of times for the "Fedora Ambassadors
> Kit" which you give you now a different role as it was in the first time
> we thought about; but you're more right than the core idea was ...
> As far as I remember we mentioned that the Ambassador Kit was a Kit for
> every new Ambassador to help him(self) to get in touch with the Fedora
> Organisation and getting him(self) involved what he has/should do as
> Ambassador ...

Yes, it does sound like we are talking about two things.  I think both
are closely related towards keeping the hurdle low for attending an
event on Fedora's behalf.  New ambassadors need a quick way to
familiarize themselves with the options and resources available to them
(more of the Kit concept).  While the Event Box is more of a tool to
make sure ambassadors (new or old) can readily get the basic materials
needed to host a booth and also have the information necessary to
locally produce printed brochures, handouts, T-shirts, etc.

> Why not set up an wiki-page and collect what other Ambassadors,
> attendees of booth think what is needed and usefull?!

I hope to get a Wiki page up this week to start listing out ideas of
what an event box should contain.

Thanks!
Jeffrey