[Ambassadors] Fedora Emeritus Ambassadors

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Wed Feb 28 19:49:17 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 28 février 2007 à 20:08 +0100, simon a écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2007 17:47 schrieb Francesco Ugolini:
> > I've a small proposal that consist in the creation of a Fedora Emeritus
> > Ambassador,
> > What do you think?
>
> I think this is not necessary, we should avoid any form of elitism - we all
> are one Team. We have learned from the french team how to guide new
> Ambassadors with active help.

You are right Simon. Francesco, what you are suggesting is clearly what
Ambassadors are doing : help in recruitment.

I just advise any ambassadors to watch out every new ambassadors in
their countries. And the the wiki [1] is our friend. As soon as there is
one new ambassador, well, just go talk to him/her. Send him/her a mail
or whatever and explain concretely how the ambassador project works and
how your local fedora community works as well. And keep the links, try
to organise things with him/her, convince him/her to come to events, to
help the others, encourage him/her to take responsibilities (such as
printing sheets, taking his car whatever), just to make him/her
understand that he has his place in the family, that everybody needs his
help.

This works. We are 12 active (and all active) ambassadors.

So we should all be Emeritus ones :)

Cheers,

Thomas Canniot

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Count