[Ambassadors] Fedora Emeritus Ambassadors

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Wed Feb 28 21:40:03 UTC 2007

Le mercredi 28 février 2007 à 22:11 +0100, Francesco Ugolini a écrit :
> Thomas Chung ha scritto:
> > On 2/28/07, Thomas Canniot <thomas.canniot at laposte.net> wrote:
> >> So we should all be Emeritus ones :)
> >
> > +1
> >

> I talk about a different things (sorry for my bad English), i don't talk
> absolutely about mentoring, a Fedora Emeritus Ambassador is a Geek
> (experienced and active) Ambassador. I think this is only, only, only
> the recognize of a "de facto" status, so people that are new can better
> know who are the most experienced and active member of the fedora project.

OK, I got the point.

> I want to remember that we aren't (considering all the fedora ambassador
> project) all such type of ambassadors, the people i suggested in my
> first message are the most important, in my opinion, because their
> opinion were/are/will be followed by all, independently from the country
> and independently from the ideas.

And here I don't agree with you. I don't think that experienced
ambassador should be given more importance than the newest ones.
Then, about the ideas your Emeritus could have, I don't think that it is
because they are Emritus ones that their ideas are good de facto. I
think that an good idea IS a good idea, wherever it comes.

Thomas