[Ambassadors] What do you think about this?

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 6 11:14:32 UTC 2007

Giuseppe Pignataro ha scritto:
> Dear Ambassadors,
>
> In a italian magazine called Linux Pro I have read a test beetwen Fedora
> Core 6 and Ubuntu 6.10.
>
> After some word about the feautures of the both distro,they have give
> some point for some features.
>
> Fedora
>
> Features 9/10
> Documentation 8/10
> Easy to use 7/10
> Power 9/10
>
> Final points 8/10
>
> Ubuntu
>
> Features 7/10
> Documentation 8/10
> Easy to use 10/10
> Power 10/10
>
> Final points 9/10
>
> For the writers and the tester of Linux Pro Ubuntu win this challenge.
>
> Now,What do you think about this test?
>
> I believe that we as fedora ambassador have hear that the user say about
> fedora and I believe that this is a good way to create a perfect distro.

Ubuntu has different aims, it is develop for entry level user. Fedora is
made for different range of users, from entry level (normal
installation), middle  range users and professional users.

I think we have to improve the comunication, in fact ubuntu is famous
because the leader promote it everywhere from the newspapers to the
forums/M-L etc.... So we have to work hard in our marketing, writing a
startegy for the short term and long term.

Remember: First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight
you. Then you win.

Regards

p.s. I think our distro is "perfect" as it is.

- --
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FrancescoUgolini