[Ambassadors] M-L proposal

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Jan 10 04:13:22 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 13:23, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> I've a modest proposal that consist in the merge of Fedora Ambassador
> and Fedora Marketing mailing lists. The reson of this is that i've see
> that many time the discussions are the same and it's seems to me as a
> redundant thing.
>
> I think that if we want to work better we have to work togheter, put our
> power into something and be sure that is no lost time.
>
> Yes, if we consider it we have to consider to open ambassadors list to
> non ambassador people (as marketing is). I think it will be a new step
> to improve the project giving all interested people to join the project
> and simplify the infrastructure.

I suggest I slightly different solution...

Push regular discussion to the marketing list.  Anything that can be said in
the open should be, but we do occasionally have topics that are better suited
for a more regulated audience.  That's why this list was created as a closed
list in the first place.

This is really more a change in policy than in configuration or
infrastructure.  All Ambassadors need to be pointed to the marketing list for
general discussion, and we'll have to develop appropriate posting habits.  We
already expect Ambassadors to be on the Marketing list for that very reason.

If we need to take technical measures to encourage correct usage, we can do
that, but let's just try expressing what we want to see and try to make it
work.  I think each list has value as it is, we just have to make better use
of them.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com