[Ambassadors] Information about multimedia-support in Fedora

Bart De Soete Bart.De.Soete at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 19 14:36:19 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

My next goal for februay-march 2007 is to 1) convince the migration of
Fedora in a school (music school) and 2) the migration itself.
They are thinking about switching from Windows to Linux: Fedora or Ubuntu.
Network, file/print/intranet-servers, clients, e.g. are no problem for me to
give proper information about their functionality in Fedora.
However, because I'm dealing with a music school here: the
music/multimedia-part (mostly for the clients, not for servers) are very
important.
Streaming media (windows/linux-compatible) en music-formats are
indispensable, but I don't know exactly how far mp3- and other
multimedia-playing is integrated in Fedora, current Core. Can someone help
me out here?

Regards,

--
---

Bart De Soete,

Fedora Ambassador – Belgium

My Public GPG key fingerprint is: AB75 8E1B A7FB AADE CF81  076F 49CD DD9A
86D2 0830