[Ambassadors] Information about multimedia-support in Fedora

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:32:37 UTC 2007

> My next goal for februay-march 2007 is to 1) convince the migration of
> Fedora in a school (music school) and 2) the migration itself.

WOW!!! Good Job...A few more happy Fedora Users. :)

> However, because I'm dealing with a music school here: the
> music/multimedia-part (mostly for the clients, not for servers) are very
> important.
> Streaming media (windows/linux-compatible) en music-formats are
> indispensable, but I don't know exactly how far mp3- and other
> multimedia-playing is integrated in Fedora, current Core. Can someone help
> me out here?

"XMMS" and "Xine" support everything,all the streaming video and audio formats
provided you apply one or two plug-ins.
I can not give you the details of the plug-ins here  because these
plug-ins are not FOSS.
Visit their homepages (And dont forget the links by Rex..)

http://www.xmms.org/
and
http://xinehq.de/
a quickhow to and everything done.