[Ambassadors] 5 cds fedora 7

Karlie Robinson webpath at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 8 12:53:25 UTC 2007

Marek Mahut wrote:
> Hi Cristiano!
>
> Cristiano Furtado wrote:
>
>> many people do not have reader of dvd soon are necessary the 5 cds of
>> the fedora. they want the version full. Live compact disc does not
>> decide the problem.
>

> Why not? I think that live CD is a good way to install Fedora is you
> don't have DVD drive.

I think the main issue is that these discs are a gift from one person to
another an not part of a corporate incentive program.  As such we aren't
required to offer the full line of Fedora products.

On a practical note, we have enough trouble getting out 200 DVDs (never
mind the other 200+ people who asked and had to be cut from the june
list) and that's without multiplying the requests by 5 to fill a CD set.

My suggestion would be to drop the talk on edition until at June 25th.
We'll use the week before the July list opens to decide on format.

In the mean time why don't we use our energy to figure out how to fill
those that are already waiting for media and boost our capacity for next
month.

Karlie