[Ambassadors] LinuxTag Berlin 2007

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Mon Mar 19 12:48:04 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabian Affolter" <fabian at bernewireless.net>
To: <fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] LinuxTag Berlin 2007

> Zitat von Nayyar Ahmed <nayyares at gmail.com>:
>
>> In fact I will be needing Visa to travel Germany, so for that i would be
>> needing an invitation letter, so that i can apply in German High
>> Commission
>> for visit visa. What is the process of getting these invitations?
>
> I'm swiss and I don't know anything the travelling to Germany from a
> country
> that needs a visa. In this case I can't help you. Maybe a german
> ambassador
> knows more about that topic.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fabian

My understanding is that you need a German person to 'vouch' for you.  At
least thats what I had to provide to Indian counterparts that visited
Australia with me.  It is more a guarantee that the person is not being a
refugee and also if there are any issues they know who to confront.

It was a pretty simple letter stating that this person is invited by me and
will be staying under our care from [date] -> [date] and is here on business
regarding [business]

I can't personally remember the whole letter but I remember I had to put in
how they were going to be accomodated, costs bourne by and the like.  It
seems like a waste of time but I think its here to stay for the moment.

Good luck

Marc Wiriadisastra