[Ambassadors] CLT 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 11 23:59:15 UTC 2007

On 3/7/07, simon wrote:
> Hello Friends,
> my report for Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2007 on
> http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/2757

Hello there,

here is my report:
 - http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/03/chemnitz-live-snapshot-of-our-activity.html#links
 - http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/03/chemnitz-fedora-game-sig-and-karaoke.html#links
 - http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/03/chemnitz-linuxtag-my-report.html#links

JoergSimon has said everything in his report. I've rather talked about
our visitors at our booth.

However there was something which annoyed me like hell and it was the
second time. I just think I should write it here and perhaps for
LinuxTag2007 berlin we don't encounter another issue with the guy
again!

I can't accept a second "mistake" on our booth. 2 consecutive
Linuxtags, the same guy took (I won't say "steal") material(s) from
our booth without asking any fedora booth staff the permission!

First time(last year), he took fedora dvds at our booth (LinuxTag2006
Wiesbaden) when we were packing up the whole booth. When GeroldKassube
caught him, he said "by mistake"! We got the dvds back.

Last friday night, we set up the fedora booth at Chemnitz LinuxTag and
left some hardware at the booth plus an extra table which I was
supposed to give it to the kubuntu team. I precise kubuntu and not
ubuntu. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to hand that table to
the kubuntu team last night so I wrote on a paper and stick on a table
"Reserved for Fedora" thinking the next day I can hand it to them.
Both our neighbours kubuntu and ubuntu had 2 tables only.

Saturday morning, that table is gone. My f**king piece of paper had no
effect. I was like a stupid that lost the item of kubuntu at the
Fedora booth. To my right, I see our neighbour setting up his
particular booth with 3 tables. I asked him kindly whether he took a
table from the Fedora Booth. He confessed (agressively in his words)
having moved our materials and took the table despite my notes.

People don't have manners !

I'm writing this here, not to complain, but I would rather like fedora
ambassadors don't do like he did!

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com