[Ambassadors] Introduction

Douglas Hardison dhardison at grapeape.org
Tue Mar 13 18:40:50 UTC 2007

Hello All,

My name is Douglas Hardison. My friends all call me 'Woody'.
I have just completed my application to Fedora Amabassadors.
The nice people in #fedora on FreeNode alerted me to its existence, and
pointed me to the Ambassador HowTo.

I am 35 years old ( come this Friday ), and I currently live in Clayton,
North Carolina. Clayton is a small town just outside Raleigh.
I am recently transplanted from the city of Wilson, NC; home of the
'World's Largest Tobacco Market'.

I am married and have a seven year old daughter, and an 11 month old son.

I currently work support Linux-based network monitoring appliances.
Before that, I was an admin at a local ISP in Wilson, where I obtained
most of my Linux knowledge. Everything from email to RADIUS to web
proxies, etc...

I have been using Linux for approximately 10 years or so. I did not
start out with RedHat, but eventually ended up using RedHat 5.0. At that
time, I found it the most intuitive, *plus* easy to install distribution.

As my wiki page ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DouglasHardison )
states, I have played with other distributions, but always return to my
roots :-)

I hope to become an active member in the Fedora community, and give back
a little of what Linux has done for me.

--Woody