[Ambassadors] Proposal: Fedora European Infrastructure

fabian at bernewireless.net fabian at bernewireless.net
Thu Mar 15 15:51:33 UTC 2007

Zitat von Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org>:

> Now, here is a list of those contructive comments:
> (Discussed on 08 Mar 07 Meeting:)
> 1)  a swiss bank account (proposed by JoergSimon)
>         o    before or after LinuxTag ? - not yet decided - ChitleshGoorah
>         o    Austria is also nice with tax! - ClausReheis

The goods and services tax (aka MwSt or VAT) is in Switzerland 7,6 %. This
is much lower as in Germany (19 %) or Austria (20 %). Please correct me when
I'm wrong. But this is only one side. Switzerland is not a Member of the EU
(sometimes are there problems with the delivery over the european borders)
and the costs for bank tansactions are around 3-5€ (transaction from a swiss
account to an account in Germany). But the "bank secret" (Bankgeheimnis) is
known worldwide.

> 2)  214€ from CLT by ChitleshGoorah and JoergSimon - first deposit as
> an example to follow

good idea :-)

> 4)  a non profit organisation, and sell things through a shop, there
> are no tax at all normally (or at least in france)- ThomasCanniot

About this point. I will try to find out how this is in Switzerland.

> 5)  bank account managed by a legal entity (not by an individual) -
> ThomasCanniot

I agree with Thomas. Maybe there is a way that Red Hat Switzerland (or
elsewhere) will open an account in the name of the Fedora project and
two or three ambassadors (from different countries) are responsible for
this account.

This are just my thoughts...

regards,

Fabian