[Ambassadors] Need a few points..

Siddharth Upmanyu siddharth at techbugs.org
Sat Mar 17 14:21:45 UTC 2007

----------

While initiating the GNU Project, RMS wrote:

"From:   RMS%MIT-OZ at mit-eddie
Newsgroups:  net.unix-wizards,net.usoft
Subject:  new UNIX  implementation
Date:  Tue, 27-Sep-83  12:35:59 EST

"I consider that  the golden rule requires that if I  like a program I
must  share it  with  other people  who  like it.   I  cannot in  good
conscience  sign  a  nondisclosure  agreement or  a  software  license
agreement.

So  that  I  can  continue  to  use  computers  without  violating  my
principles, I have  decided to put together a  sufficient body of free
software so that I will be able to get along without any software that
is not free.

..."

---------

Regards